Saturday 13 February 2010

I SPY: La Café Flores, Zagreb.


Last night I decided I shall for once, for once, relax during the weekend and do something for myself - just something - anything really. So I did. 
          
As one of my new years resolution was to get reacquainted and reintroduced with my hometown - Zagreb, as a young adult who traveled a lot, lived overseas "got to know the world" and finally came back home - semi-matured. I decided to be proactive and I started working on it. This way I can for once check off something on my new years resolution list (FYI - going to the gym daily is still on, keep your fingers crossed for me to continue and I shall be the tight butt bomb this summer on the beach - unless mum's evilly good cooking prevails). 
      
Once my iPhone "used to think its cool, now annoying" melody rang - Wakeeeee upppppp!!!Why wontttt youuuu waaaaake upppp!!! I jumped out of the bed, opened the window to see that it is super sunny outside and the huge amount of snow that fell during last few days is finally melting. 
I called a friend and we decided to hit the Zagreb's Saturday morning "wanna be seen and photographed in my best clothes" rush hour, and explore the city to find a café we haven't been in yet. First I went to get the British Vogue's  March edition with fabulous Alexa Chung on the cover wearing all Ralph Lauren Spring 2010 RTW ( notice the fabulous beaded denim jeans bellow).







 We walked around a bit, he got his "Sports Daily" to sink in all the info he needed to know before the handball game at the evening. We finally walked in one of the small side streets to find the Institute Parfumeur Flores in all of its grace - it is an niche perfume shop founded by Mr. Teo Cabanel, they hold the finest and most luxuries custom made perfumes - royalty favorites. Within, there is a small café as well, with wonderful warm and soft pastries and coffee with cream in a heart shape ( I totally fell for that).
The most beautiful part you can see bellow my dears....


Thats right darlings...these are not Bergdorf Goodman Christmas edition windows your are looking at, in the NYC. Ouu noooo, these are windows of the Café de Flores - in the tiny street in Zagreb. 
Here you can buy the most elite French perfumes or scented candles and have a warm home brewed coffee with cream in a heart shape and soft fresh cookie on a side, served by a cute waiter, all in an artistic and luxurious yet small and intimate environment while you are reading a March edition of British Vogue in a good company. Ahh...splendid Saturday morning....

 Whats up New York? You better step it up!

Xoxo,

           Kat 


6 comments:

  1. OMG, love the jeans!!
    And the window display is beauful, sounds it's cosy there..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I would kill for these jeans - they are just cc $7,000 :) A pocket change LOL
    Let me know once you visit and Ill show you the cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, these windows looks so amazing. Fabulous!!
    *Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amusing account of your day.

    Beaded denim?
    Now that is something I have never seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ;) Graham...are you doubting Ralphie? Trust, it will come around as normal day jean soon, I used to work for the company - the guy is a visionary :) On the other hand, leather Chanel clogs I cannot see happening :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Michael St.James :)
    Zagren surprises me every day! Every day I discover something new!
    I checked out your blog as well - interestingggg... ;)

    ReplyDelete