Wednesday 21 April 2010

Abused mommy






Hello lovelies! Long time no blog, or better say long time no live :) However, I am back now...couple of business trips got out of hand with the volcano cloud and all. 


         Many years back now, back in the war time in Croatia when I was really, really little I used to cut out the editorials  while waiting for my mum at hairdressers or while she wasn't looking out of her magazines at home and I would glue them in my little notebook, I still have some of these  notebooks. Glued editorial on the left side and my drawing on the right side. 


My notebooks with editorials cut outs helped me get my mind of the every day life and every time I would hide in the corner behind the curtain or under the blanket these cutouts would take me to a whole new world of different kinds of pretty.


   Working in fashion industry for a couple of years back I have developed an understanding of the complexity and cost of making one of those compelling, story telling, provocative editorials.          
      Back in New York (before the economic crises) this kind of costs were needed, accepted and managed on a daily basics. Every assistant had their own assistant or an fashion intern to torture with their wanna be diva demands. 
    But frankly, I do believe it is easier to be creative and to conceptualize your ideas when you have a cushiony budget and a fleet of people supporting you, some paid and talented and some just wanting to be a part of the fashion world buzz.


With this post I would like to introduce work of a team of people running a fashion portal www.moda.hr in Croatia. This team of people is creative, positive and visionary regardless of the fact that their budgets for creating the editorial are lower that the food and taxi fair taken to one of the NYC editorial shoots. 


www.moda.hr team has created a sort of an online reality show or better say a casting call, inviting all of the creative fashion junkies to apply and from selected few editors have gathered a creative team to create an editorial.


The one that intrigued me the most is the one bellow. The topic of the editorial was a twisted world where children become the abusers of their mother. This is happening in mental institution where kids are becoming the abusers and overpowering their mother to become her mirror image later. Enjoy! 




Please find the rest of the editorial photos and information about the fabulous team who worked on this editorial here. I am really looking forward to see more of their work! :)


Xoxo,


            Kat


Life is the row material. We are the artists. Be creative!

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Amazing post, so good!!
    You're definitely going on my blogroll!!!
    PS: My trips were also damaged by the volcano!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you hon,I really appreciate it :)
    P.S. I know, gotta love some random volcano ash while you are stuck on the airport :)

    ReplyDelete