Thursday 21 July 2011

Ball(er)s above all!




A friend and a faithful follower of my blog – Darko, suggested to do a style comparison and possibly break or confirm stereotypes on basketball vs. Soccer player fashion style so I came to the idea to conduct the interview among two successful athletes, both of who have the same name, are best friends and hopefully can clear some stereotypes on how these two groups of athletes dress.So let’s see what the balers’ had to say ;)

A soccer player

1. Describe a typical basketball player in 5 words. Baggy, hang, relaxed & cool.
2. Which piece of clothing would you spend most money on? Spikes.
3. What is the difference between your day & night look?
My evening look is a bit more mature as long as my comfort is not jeopardized.
4. Man purse – yes or no? 
Yes but rarely, only when I have too much things or when I am traveling.
5. What is your favorite brand? Diesel.
6. Finish the sentence: I wouldn't be caught dead wearing heels.
7. Woman is the sexiest when wearing lingerie.
8. Your train of thoughts when putting your clothes on in the morning is: 
clean – comfortable – ironed.
9. Who is your fashion role model?
 It’s hard to specify, but most of the famous soccer players dress well.
10. How many logos are sufficient on one outfit?
As long as it’s not over the top but logo is not even necessary.

A basketball player


1. Describe a typical soccer player in 5 words. Branded head to toe.
2. Which piece of clothing would you spend most money on? Shoes and sneakers.
3. What is the difference between your day & night look? 
Depends where I am going but during the day I wear sweatpants, sneakers, sunglasses and in the evening jeans.
4. Man purse – yes or no? Definitely not.
5. What is your favorite brand? Whatever makes 3XL and bigger.
6. Finish the sentence: I wouldn't be caught dead wearing: 
jeans and leather sandals together.
7. Women is the sexiest when wearing: nothing at all.
8. Your train of thoughts when putting your clothes on in the morning is:
pants – shirt – sneakers.
9. Who is your fashion role model: I don't have one.
10. How often do you wear pants different then sweatpants or jeans? 
Once or twice a week I wear suite pants.


No comments:

Post a Comment