Saturday 4 February 2012

Just like a tattoo, i'll always have you.




In elementary school and even earlier I was one of those kids with rich imagination who had an imaginary friend and was always drawing something, in addition, I talked a lot and wanted to be in the center of attention all of the times. Awkward mix, I know.

My mother used to let me draw on the walls in our apartment (one room only) because she wanted to let me think outside of the box and develop my creativity (until I started drawing on other peoples walls when we visited, this is when we had a talk about limitations).

Somewhere in high school, when on top of fashion my other passion was basketball, I loved winning and playing in front of people, I mostly enjoyed offense and didn’t like defense so much, I didn’t like the roughness of it, I preferred to shoot (only) and look good while doing it ;) In high school, basketball was my only focus and I didn’t pay too much attention to boys, but when I did, I liked the tall ones, quiet trouble makers with a rebellious rockerish look (not much changed since in that regard) and …I wanted to get a tattoo. The one that has a meaning for me. My dad said: Fine, get it, but first wait for a year to see if you will change your mind. I did, about 10x in a year.

Recently I started thinking about one again, small one, intimate and emotional, with a meaning for me only, the one that is not to commercial, but not too obvious either. I put together an inspiration board to make it easier to decide. I still don’t have 1 or 2 favorite body spots and a drawing. I love all of these. What do you think? Do you have one? Did you regret it?
“You're still a part of everything I do
You're on my heart just like a tattoo
Just like a tattoo, I'll always have you.”
Jordin Sparks





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment