Thursday 9 February 2012

NYFW day#1: Leather and velvet.


All photos source:www.style.com 

As I wrote in my last post, first thing that came to my mind when I saw the final NYFW FW 2012. schedule was – that’s to many shows! So I was expecting a collection clutter, mix of fresh talent and established designers trying to take a side step to differentiate themselves.

After reviewing the first day shows I noticed couple of trends, obviously dark colors dominated for fall, there was lots of dark leather over maxi skirts and dresses, biker jackets over almost gowns, some lovely velvet gowns by Joshi Tadashi and super cool black velvet trousers with sheer top by Kimberly Ovitz.
BCBG by Max Azria stayed true to their lively color block simplicity, I really enjoyed a number of floaty dresses and office friendly but chic and feminine combinations. Zac Posen did a Z Spoke capsule collection out of which I selected a couple of super cute red dresses – if you read my blog often you are aware of my love for red dresses. J

Also, 10 Crosby by Derek Limcapsule collection was a quite wearable retail collection with lovely details like a camel colored leather skirt and an amazing wool blazer which you can see bellow.


 My favorite collections of the day however was rocker chic Kimberly Ovitz collection – just on the point and styled in the way I would wear them, I also liked couple of leather pieces from Rachel Comey’scollection (knee length skirt and a lovely soft leather t-shirt) I would just love them to be more fitted but all in all quite a wearable collection.




What is your favorite collection from day #1 lovelies?


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. K. Ovitz mi se najvise dopada za sada, divna joj je ova koza...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala na komentaru :)
      Slazem se draga, moj favorit su kožna jakna i velvet hlace :)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous roundup, darling!
    Love the velvet dresses!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete