Thursday 7 June 2012

Designer quickie: La Luna London




Emina Hadžić is a London based designer, originally from Bosnia, she is a lady behind the young La Luna London designer brand. Her team asked me to review her romantic, RTW Spring/Summer 2012. collection. As soon as I ran through photos I had my favorites! Lovely black lace and mustard silk lining and maxi red dress worn by Scottie Thompson on the photo bellow.

Overall, I liked the down to Earth, real women in mind approach and smart targeting Emina is doing with her brand. Her target customers are very much so real, working women, her models, lookbook setting and the collection feel is realistic, romantic and feminine. There is not much Photoshop and super skinny models involved which is quite refreshing in today's fashion industry environment. Her SS 2012. collection is focused on dresses all made of luxury materials such as silk, lace and chiffon, with pencil structured dress as her signature piece. 



Emina's dresses are worn by many real life women naturally but also many celebrities in US, UK and Balkans, ranging from various TV hosts like E!News's Liz Hernandez, Ashlan Gorse to Mika Newton, Emily Moore, Scottie Thompson and Lepa Brena :)


Scottie Thompson featured in Regard Magazine December 2011., California

Were you ever approached by any of the organizers of fashion events in Croatia, Bosnia or Serbia and would you ever consider showing your collection on any of them?

I was actually approached by Stella from ABC models in Sarajevo for Sarajevo Fashion week Spring/Summer 2012 unfortunately due to some very important meetings and appointments I could not attend. However, I am looking forward to taking part in the very near future.

Where do you sell your clothes? Do you have a showroom,do you sell online or via multibrand boutiques?

At the moment I am only selling via ASOS.com, I figured as I am only just starting out it would be a good try out and then I will concentrate on opening my own store. I am currently working on a showroom but I just cant seem to decide where to open it..London or Los Angeles. We are also working along side few online stores to get La Luna London collection sold via them..so many things happening at the moment. 

La Luna London Mini Crepe dress sold via Asos

Are you ever planing to go towards mass production or would you prefer to have a smaller more exclusive stores in selected locations?

 To be honest, I don't think I will ever go towards mass production. I prefer to make smaller quantities and have my dresses sold by more exclusive stores rather than big retailers. I also think that I will only ever open one or two stores, just to make it all little bit more exclusive and exciting.

 What are the demographics of your customers?

I feel like knowing your target audience in this business is crucial, our customers range from the age of 20 to 45. We are a brand that concentrates on everyday working women, who also have a fun side and who appreciate true style at the same time.

Do you have a "signature piece" and would you please indicate a price range of your pieces?

My signature piece is my structured pencil dress, my dresses are bound to flatter your body in every possible way. La Luna London dresses range from 200 GBP to 1,700 GBP. 


You can find out more about this young designer brand on La Luna London website and follow them on Facebook and Twitter.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment