Friday 14 December 2012

The color of love.



I asked you, my lovely followers on my blog's Facebook page recently what colors, smells, food and drinks remind you most of Christmas, Martina, Korana and Ana said color - red. I feel the same way. When I think Christmas, no matter how 'to be expected' and 'typical' it might sound I automatically think - red. Not so much Santa suite red and Christmas decoration red, more so Valentino silk or satin gowns red, Alexander McQeen lace and velvet red and sexy New Years Eve Chanel lipstick red.

Alexander McQueen

Currently I am addicted to burgundy lipstick which I just got from Chanel recently, it goes well when I want to add some drama to my day look and looks amazing with evening looks. I love to wear red maxi gowns with gold sandals or shorter red dresses with back booties.


“Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. 
That, or a kick-ass red lipstick.”
 Gwyneth Paltrow


Gucci

Valentino

“As she always did on any really important day, Penelope Hayes wore red.”
Anna Godbersen, The Luxe


Marchesa

Valentino

Topshop

My suggestion is to overdose on red during holidays as this is and always be a stand out, 'all eyes on me' color, just be sure to be able to handle all of the attention red dress or detail will bring upon you ;)

What is your favorite red piece you own? How do you feel wearing it?



“When in doubt, wear red.”
Bill Blass 


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmh iskreno crna joj nije ni do koljena!fenomenalne slikice !


    Rođendansko darivanje na mom blogu!
    Birthday giveaway on my blog!
    http://babylovesfashion.blogspot.com/2012/12/roendansko-darivanje.html

    ReplyDelete