Wednesday 3 March 2010

OMG WTF is going on with us? LOL


  




 Since the first rays of sunshine peaked out I can see new bloomed optimism on peoples faces around town. Its like they are carefully and suspiciously taking of their layers of protective clothing they were wearing all through the viciously cold and dark winter. 


However, in part due to natural disasters and in other part due to economic crises (thank you Wall Street- not only you messed up my boyfriend but you also f...up the economy) people are less enthusiastic and more careful about not only investing, falling in love, planning families, booking vacations and buying fabulous clothes and shoes but also people are distancing themselves more from each other in this age of financial uncertainty by spending more time on the internet and communicating via social networks than in person.


   Lets face it. I mean, I am registered and actively using all social media there is, but I do feel the lack of face to face communication. Online, SMS and even video communication simply is still to primitive to replace the tone of the voice, facial gestures, the smell of the perfume, body language and the touch which are crucial for human existence and procreation. Thinking back, I used to be sad. But now I am still confused on WTF has happened and what is that I wrote or didn't write in my text message in the middle of the night to my ex to make him hate me so much and never want to talk again. Gotta love long distance SMS relationship and breaking up by changing relationship status on Facebook - very mature! 


 I am sorry, but facebook hug and kiss is not gonna cut it for me!I freaking hate those! Whenever somebody sends me one, I think to myself: Pick up the damn phone and call me you cheap jerk!
Whats next? SMS proposal? Twitter weeding? Giving birth to facebook baby via artificial IM insemination? I can see my husband asking me whats for dinner by adding comment to my blog or facebooking (yes its a word now) me that he paid the bills or forgot to pick up the child from school! 


Are all these cool new technologies bringing us closer and making the communication easier or pulling us apart? Who will you hug to sleep tonight your girlfriend or your iPhone? Will you wake up to kiss somebody or to check your facebook updates?


Xoxo,


                    Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment