Friday 20 August 2010

La house cleaning couture




Some women eat chocolate and ice cream, drink wine, hug teddy bear, shop or cry when they are sad. 
I dress up fancy, put the high heels, rubber gloves and clean my house, drink herbal tea , eat dark chocolate  Ferrero Rondnoir (girl needs her dark chocolate)and dance Zumba.


  The funny thing it that I do not enjoy baking at all, nor eating cakes all that much (expect my friends stolen recipe cheese cake - God bless you Iva), but I do feel the need to bake when sad.




Sometimes..I forget exact  ingredients...




..and sometimes I take a break....




  I am good  with vacuming and dusting, but two things I absolutely hate are cleaning the bathroom and ironing.


Which is why the lady in the local super market's dry cleaning place is my new best friend. Last time I brought her chocolate (she was cleaning my Ralph Lauren cashmere sweater and classic gold button navy blazer - I couldn't take that risk).



"My second favorite household chore is ironing.  
My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint." 
Erma Bombeck



My mum got me some fresh herb plants to hold on the window and use while cooking (once in a blue moon or when I am trying to impress a certain hottie).


 She said I'm suppose to water them and replant when needed. So far 3 out of 4 died, one is still holding up. I am starting to think she tricked me, but I will still try to keep them on the life support, the new one I got is the lavander plant. Keep your fingers crossed for her, her name is Lucy.




After I am sick of cleaning out my small apartment I do another round or Zumba video workout, jumping around my newly purchased exercise mat. 


I compromised with getting a dark purple one as is seems like there is no bright pink one nowhere to be found in this city. 


Finally I collapsed on the couch with last lines of  Fergies "..big girls don't cry..." singing from my iPhone speaker and decided to share my coping with sadness strategy with all of you - fabulous fashionistas.




"I think housework is the reason most women go to the office." 
 Heloise Cruse




2 comments:

  1. Love this story in pictures and the last quote - why women choose the office, I'm think there is some truth to it. :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) There is definitely some truth to it ;) I got some personal experience to prove it ;)

    Have a good one!

    La Kat

    ReplyDelete