Saturday 10 September 2011

NYFW Spring 2012. What's trending?





As I know that bloggers all over the world following the current NY and other upcoming fashion weeks are typing and posting furiously loaded with red bull, coffee and finger food given out on numerous FNO and fashion week promo events and after parties, for this season I decided to post less but more detailed posts every two days covering the overall trends and highlighting my favorite collections.

Now when I have seen each end every detail of each and every show in the first 2.5 days I am more than thrilled with a couple of noticed trends, let me show you my favorites!

PUT YOUR BEST LEG FORWARD!
Many designers have closed their show traditionally with gorgeous red carpet desirable gowns however this season I am noticing a welcomed trend of split leg maxi dresses and skirts combined with fabulous sheer shirts or even better, made to be worn without bra, be it jersey dress in bright pink or royal blue, classic black or shimmery chocolate night gown or a floral print maxi skirt, tall girls this season is all about you(us)!






COLOR ME HAPPY!
Seems like the more negative mood in terms of living standard and economy downturn the brighter the clothes,ya? Whatever the reason might be, there is no better way to welcome the spring sun then by wearing a bright smile and bright color dress! Spring 2012, will adore: royal blue, powder pink, bright neon yellow, color blocking sets and bright orange.






WEAR LEATHER AS A SECOND SKIN!
Ever since I have seen amazing maxi dress by Fyodor & Golan last year at Dreft Fashion Week Zagreb, I am totally in love with how leather dresses fit and feel on the skin. Here is my selection of Spring seasons favorites.






CRAZY ABOUT TOURBANS!
Those of you who follow my blog will already know from my past posts and tutorials how much I love wearing hatsand turbans. Indeed, many designers are bringing the head covers in different shapes and forms in lovely mint green, fuchsia and knotted white colors into their collections. Seems like recent seasons highlight the return of the lady!

SHE MEANS BUSINESS!
I don’t remember the season where I saw so many working women friendly designs. Indeed, fashion designers are turning towards where the money is! This season brings more classic, more comfortable designs worn with much smaller heels for effortlessly chic and comfortably classy “I mean business” power women look! Not to mention super cute shorts-suites! Its time to show of your power legs, power women!





CLEAN WHITES.
Country club favorite but always elegant white sheer dresses, ever present collar shirts, sheer tops for most confident, tailored jackets and vamp dress! Amazing & timeless! White is a spring’s black!



Watch shows live 8-14.09. via live stream on Youtube.



‎"People are more important than the clothes.
 Clothes . . . it could be just like a nice envelope.
But it’s more important, the letter inside the envelope than the envelope."
Carine Roitfeld


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment