Wednesday 14 November 2012

4 must haves this Fall/Winer 2012. season.


Photo source:Vogue

Working from home today due to high fever and feeling sickish and already feeling sick of drinking tea with lemon and honey all day, I thought that this would be a great time to put together a fall/winter essentials post as I am slowly but surely updating my warm clothes as the weather is getting colder and colder.

Some of pieces I am planning to invest this season are:


Warm and cozy sweatshirts and sweaters are very trendy this season. I already wrote about the trend of printed sweaters earlier past August when it hit the runway. There are many really lovely designer ones. My favorite ones are those which are not itchy and scratchy.



 I prefer plain color sweaters which I can wear with patterned smart high-waisted or cigarette work pants for the day accessorised with statement necklace or earrings and leather pants or jeans and boots in private time for a more of a casual look.


During Summer and Spring I worn cropped trousers with wedge heel sandals, tops and blazers for work or just with denim button up in a more casual variant. For this colder, Fall/Winter season I am looking for obviously heavier fabrications but I am also very much into lovely colorful patterns to brighten up short winter days and cold-dark nights :) 


I recommend wearing cropped patterned trousers with ankle booties with thick heel for the day and stilettos for the evening. Ladies who are more into casual look might want to combine them with men's oxford flats or slippers and warm and cozy sweaters.

Photo: DSquared

Photo source: Vogue US

Hats are my favorite accessory and I just never have enough of them! Just last year I discovered an amazing hat making store Mimoki. I also love wearing head wraps and turbans, I keep trying to find a new way to tie them. This winter I am thinking about investing in a brown wool hat, a bit wider then classic fedora. 

Photo source: French Vogue November 2012.

Hats can really last long if cared about properly and are an absolute classic so you can wear them every single year and look ladylike, mysterious and sophisticated. Currently I own a wide brim wool hat (JLo is how they call it often) and a classic gray wool fedora. 

Photo: Goran Čižmešija for Moda.hr portal | Coat: Teo Perić for Mak

My DKNY classic, fitted, knee-lenght coat has been serving me just great for the past couple of years but it has worn off a bit after wearing it a whole lot during cold New York and Zagreb winters, I recently donated it to Red Cross and now I am planning to invest in a good one for the couple of upcoming cold seasons.

As part of my seasonal Coat check post I selected some lovely structured runway looks during the fashion week, since, I have been looking for pret-a-porter version of these structures.

                            Photo: Goran Čižmešija for Moda.hr portal | Coat: Teo Perić for Mak

In one of my previous posts I mentioned that I fell totally in love with long KARL by Karl Lagerfeld black tailored coat with zippers. I was just about to order it online but got a bit worried about the lenght of the sleeves since I have rather long hands so I still didn't order it. Another option which I am looking at is buying one of Croatian designers - Teo Perić za Mak classic coats which seem to look great on tall girls.

What will be fall essential pieces you will be investing in for this Fall/Winter season?

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. drago mi je da su dzemperi ponovo u modi i da je moja mama voljna da ih plete :) tako izadju puno jeftinije cak i od kineskih koje svi nose, sama biram boju koju zelim, kvalitetniji su a i model je samo moj :)

    ovi sesiri su mi takodje prelepi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ja bez dolčeviti nemogu,toliko mi je zima da sam omotana i šalom

    ReplyDelete