Saturday 4 September 2010

Do I?


Recently one of the fashion divas reading my blog asked me to write a post inspired by weddings and/or wedding dresses, as lets be honest is the most important reason most women do the whole ceremony thing. 




But then I got to thinking about the whole ordeal. How much is it really a matter of making one's relationship official, sharing your happiness with your family and friends, giving a promise to each other in front of the God, and how much is it a matter of tradition, expectation of a society and a question of sharing all of your earthy possessions?

I know so many people that are unhappy in their relationships/marriages and are not able to break the vicious cycle of feeling guilty for not loving the person any more, cheating, old habits, family expectations, being judged by society for failing in marriage and their own need and the right for happiness.
 It doesn't always work out but sometimes it does, and sometimes it is forever. It is really brave and mature to allow yourself to love, and to admit when it wasn't really love anymore and to move on. 

Call me crazy, but I find it romantic being just somebody’s girlfriend forever, to go with a flow, enjoying it all, day by day and not being a victim of society norms and expectations. Maybe I don’t want to have a church wedding, maybe I just want to love one man forever without a ring to prove it to the random people around. Maybe I want to have kids anyways and bake cookies with them after coming from work and dance with them listening to snoop dog playing on MTV.






So here are some fabulous dresses for all the divas no matter if you will wear it to speedy Vegas wedding, big traditional family wedding or to yet another fabulous dinner with your forever just a boyfriend, always stay fabulous!








His hello was the end of her endings
Her smile, their first step down the aisle
His hand would be hers to hold forever
His forever was as simple as her smile

He said she was what was missing
She said instantly she knew
She was a question to be answered
And his answer was I do.
P.S. ...and of course there is always a special shoe to go with that fabulous dress...







Xoxo my dears,

                           La Kat





Hi! It's Carrie Bradshaw. I wanted to let you know that I'm getting married - to myself. Oh, and I'm registered at Manolo Blahnik. So...Thanks.Bye!"

2 comments: