Saturday 11 September 2010

Wauu Wu!






After making a delightful lunch for my friend Iva with which I saved her from a coldwater fish her mum was making and she wasn't so fond of (tap...Tap... On my own back), I managed to take a peek at so far shown collection on the NYFW and give my blog a mini makeover which is yet to be finished.

As you already know after reading all the other NYFW reviews,  the strongest collection shown so far was Jason Wu's collection which showcased his first full accessories collection.

Jason Wu has showed great tailored pieces mixing them up with light blouses: high-waisted pants and clean cut trousers worn with silky blouses or sleeveless tops or striped knit tops most sheer and some with pretty bow's.
     I really liked the elongated jackets which can serve as short dresses. Jason played with some interesting prints and abstract, vibrant colors, mixing them up with subtle creams, whites and navies. 





All was accessorized with gorgeous heels, silk flowers and vintage like clutched and purses.


Photo source: style.com

I watched Jason Wu's show on webcast which seems like will be the way to show collections in the future, with growing blogger influence as one of the strongest media and technology development overall there might not be many reasons to justify the investments of the whole, rather costly organization.

 Although, I do agree, it is not the same from romantic fashionista point of view, as I also like to see the garments move, close by, and front to back, side to side, live, from business point of view I see it as a very cost effective way of showing collections with bigger and faster reach worldwide. Long have gone the days of viewing fashion as the luxury of the selected few, I mean there will always be a certain divide, but fashion is becoming more and more accessible as technology development and increased competition is reducing the costs and closing the gap.

What was your favorite collection so far? 
Have lots of water, vitamins and sleep darlings as September will be a rough month for all the fashionistas! 

Xoxo,



                Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment