Friday 15 October 2010

Love loan



Recently I had one of those phone calls with a girlfriend when she called and she was in pain, and I knew this pain very well, so well that my throat started choking with every new sentance she said. 

    In this situation you just want to help her any way possible and than you transform into this most reasonable, most rational "Psychiatrist know it all", who just waits for her to take a break to cry or to breath and you go back and rationalize every chunk of the story she said so far...and that's how it goes...for hours...and than you kind of always conclude with a cheesy joke from the past only you two share. 

      You remind her how fabulous she is, how she is better off without him, how you didn't like him anyways and how they were never really good as a couple, and finally you conclude the conversation with a cliche bullshit like "time will heal all the wounds" or "there is someone else out there, who is just perfect and waiting for you"...Right, and he is on the horse.

Why the hell do we women do this? Why do we put so much presure on ourselves and overanalize?
Why do we give LOVE LOAN to men, with no credit check, with no interest rate and prolonged payment period - forever. Are we just some LOVE ATMs with totally secured credit cards and endless limit? After so much witdrawals, are we LOVE broke by the time the right one comes along?


I wanted to tell him I was afraid he could never love me the way I wanted to be loved. 
I was afraid that maybe he didn't have the capacity to love anyone but himself. 
I was afraid that, given the chance, he'd break my heart again. 
But I cheated and just said 'I guess I was afraid.'


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment