Sunday 3 October 2010

Make your own diy draped skirt




I don't share already written post ideas that often but here is the one most definitely worth sharing and trying out.


Original post was posted on AnyWho blog which I read quite offen, cause it is simply fabulous!


I was admiring  diy draped skirt in Burberry Prorsum SS10 collection and looking for something similar in Zara and Top Shop, I haven't found it so I decided to make it on my own.


I'll post pictures as soon as its done. Today is the day D!


Try it out and post the pictures of your fabulous creation on my Facebook fan page!
If you have questions you can of course email me anytime, ill be happy to help.


Ready. Set.Go!




1. Use a high-wasted bodycon skirt as a pattern. Leave 1cm for the seam as you cut.


2. Cut out 8 wide pieces – they should be approx 25cm wide. Sew them together in pairs so you’ll end up with 4 long tubes.
3. Cross two tubes to achieve a draped effect. Repeat with the remaining two.
4. Pin everything down all the way around then take the back of the skirt and attach it to the front piece. 
Here is what AnyWho got as a result:
I suggest using a mixtures of silk and cotton so there is not much wrinkling later.
Xoxo lovelies!


                               Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment