Sunday 26 December 2010

The future of fashion is 6 months!


Chanel

As Karl Lagerfeld said during one of his interviews, and I also trully believe so: " the future of fashion nis six months", which is more than obvious with ever growing market for resort and other mid season collections.

I have selected couple of signature pieces from my most liked Pre-Fall 2011. collections for you bellow.

Chanel show inspired by the lost culture of Byzantium is definitely targeting emerging markets of middle east, India and China as well as the royalties of mother Russia and United Kingdom. 
I love,love,love the filigree headbands, gorgeous embroidery and Chanel's staple - quilted handbags.

Fendi


Emerald and sapphire jewel tones, exquisit detailing and hand picked luxurious fabircation were staples of this La Dolce Vita inspired Fendi collection. I loved the knee lenght skirts, beautiful warm color tones and the transitional character of every single piece. Day to night wear indeed.

Diane von Furstenberg

        Diane was inspired by glamurous american 70's sportswear creating another working women collection, simplified with geometric print and pieces that match with each other easily creating fast, clasic and chic daily outfits. My favorite are knee high thick heel boots worn with matching or bright turqoise socks, warm transitional colors reaching from brown to emerald green, mustard and tuquoise. I also enjoyed the almost horse riding look alike hats, very cool.

Donna Karan

I must admit, when I saw the first photos of Donna Karan's Pre-Fall 2011. collection first thing I said was - hello Ralph! But than I continued to click and noticed more and more layering and said - Ok, Donna is back ;) The warm urban color pallet of military green and  grays) country side chic (made of luxury fabrics - satin, shearling and cashmere) indeed reminded me on classic Ralph Lauren look. 

My favorites were oversized shirt, hanging belt jumpsuit and satin gown at the end of the show.

Elie Tahari
Elie Tahari has showed a red carpet worthy collection with touches of fur to spice us the tailored look. I was most impressed with his dressy jumpsuits, simple but dressy skirtsuits and party ready accessories.

BCBG Max Azria
Max and Lubov Azria put together a collection inspired by "the blazing colors of Guy Bourdin's photographyof" (style.com's - Matthew Schneier) mostly long, loose dresses, all in very bright gem tones. I love the long semi sheer dresses as well as the asymetrical knee high ones all touches with spring's bright color lines.

Carolina Herrera
Carolina Herrera is always one of my favorites as it most coresponds with my personal style, so I daubt I can ever be objective in comments. She kept it simple indeed, working with comfy jersey, silk organza and satin all in frency gray with random pop's of color - my favorites were long red dress, box jacket with fur color worn with almost a sweat pants comfy wool pants, gorgeous flop detailing pencil skirt and trench gown. Love it!

Source: style.com


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Fab recap! I love the Chanel looks although it's probably not something one could wear every day. All the other looks are very versatile though and perfect for a day to night transition. Hope you have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you darling! I do agree about Chanel - although these pieces are so fabulous I would definitely find a reason to wear it! Empire chic I would call it! :)

    ReplyDelete