Saturday 24 December 2011

La Christmas.


Today on a Christmas Eve, although I am sick with a fever, I am not giving up on positive Christmas spiritJ So I wanted to share some of my own Christmas habits or what makes my Christmas more complete and joyful for me and people who are most important to me…not necessarily in the order of importance.
Warm up with some hot chocolate & sweets.
This is my favorite part of Christmas J Not that I don’t eat sweets over the year, actually other then shoes, Starbucks coffee and some other fashion pieces this is another one of my addictions. Hereis where you can find a recipe for my favorite hot chocolate.
Sparkle & Shine.
Fashionably I find myself to be a quit bipolar person wearing all from black & gray rockerish style things up to proper Ralph Lauren scholastic wear for work and lots and lots of dresses, but sometimes I do indulge into seasonal sparkly accessories and clothing. Las time I was in Madrid I bought a cute silver sparkly stilettos and miniskirt which I can wear on dark tights and flat boots with t-shirt as well once the holiday season is over.


Swap some gifts.
My theory in gifting is quite random. I actually only gift people I know and when I do, I always get them something that reminds me of them or what I know they need while browsing the shops through the year and I store it for Xmass and/or birthday.

This is a good way to avoid nervous holiday shopping and going over your budget or buying random useless stuff. On top, I always also make something for extra special people, so this Christmas I have made a cookbook for my boyfriend where I wrote down various simple meals adjusted for athletes, added photos I took in his kitchen making these recipes step by step, using groceries from store next to his house so he knows what to buy while making these himself in between recipes I added lyrics from my blog for writing of which he inspired me.


Slow down & really talk with your true friends & family.

Most of the time, work day troubles, stress and rush prevent me from spending quality time talking to my friends and family because for me it takes more than a couple of hours to unwind from work and then it’s usually to late in the night to call anyone J
This is why holidays should be the time we will spend with people who we want to celebrate with, those people who truly mean the most to us right now, not only following expectations and traditions and doing what is expected from us. We should use this time to fill our batteries and help fill the batteries of people we care about.
Take a Me minute…or two.

Take some time to be alone as well, don’t get lost in the holiday mania and rush. Take time to see where you are at now, where you want to be in the future, listen to the silence and take time to be thankful for the people who surround you, all that you yourself have accomplished so far and use the batteries you filled as power which will fuel your future successes.  


“What is Christmas?
 It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future.
 It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal,
 and that every path may lead to peace.“

Agnes M. Pahro
Photobucket

5 comments: