Monday 21 March 2011

A cup of fashion



It’s been a while since I went to "Moda sa šlagom" / "Fashion with cream" - a gathering of young designers in an improvised showroom in a regular café on a Saturday morning. I used the opportunity to go this past weekend with my friend Armina from Sarajevo who is a passionate fashionista as well, so I knew she would appreciate it as much as I do.

These creative cafe showroom sales have been going on for two years now in Zagreb and have also expended and evolved internationally recently. 


So this past Saturday in an old school movie theatre an improvised showroom display has been put together by 15 designers from Croatia and Bosnia displaying and selling their reasonably priced clothing and accessories.

These kinds of gatherings help young designer to experience a competitive selling environment, to learn how to present their work and most importantly how to price it according to the demand and perceived value. Other than that, it is a great opportunity for networking with extremely creative and inspiring young people.

My favorites were Mica Torbica bags and purses - I have found an amazing bag which is 3 in 1 - purse and a double face bag. 


I also fell in love in gorgeous ethno looking braided necklace by Little Wonder - which Armina got me as a "visiting present", she bought the matching earrings so we can swap. :)


There were also many interesting technology inspired jewelry pieces by various designers.



Is anything similar going on in your city? Let me know! Would love to hear about it! :)






Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. divno! <3
    čija je ovo ultrašarena ogrlica na zadnjoj slici? preslatka je! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jel da je slatka? :) Evo malo sam se raspitala mislim iako je bilo tesko jer nisu svi imali vizitke ali mislim da je to od "Oh,Tiger!", nabavila sam ti kontakt: www.ohtiger.net, www.etsy.com/shop/OHTIGER. Nisam 100% sigurna ali mislim da je to njihova ogrlica!

    ReplyDelete