Saturday 20 August 2011

Stress free weekend.





  
Weekend is here, hot and steamy like we are still at the summertime peek.
For the past couple of weeks I have been trying to catch up with some work assignments, covering for colleagues on vacation, and trying to heel my dog Papi’s ear infection and trying to arrange couple of free-vacation days by my boyfriends schedule I have felt quit stressed. 

   This caused my immune system to go down and I got incredible insomnia which further raised my stress levels – so I took 2 days off last week to sleep and reenergize, to do nothing at all as I thought planning to go on a trip and party with my friends would just exhaust me even more.

       Today I really took it easy. I slept in late, took my dog Papi for a long walk, had a late breakfast, refreshed my lately neglected flowers, went to meet my friend Anita for a coffee and healing power chat and finally started reading the last book my boyfriend got me “I love New York” by Lindsey Kelk.






I still feel like summer passed by me quit quickly and I still feel like I desperately need that “me time”, with no phone, no laptop or internet or “I just need this one info from you” kind of calls from the office – just some breathing space.

What do you do to relax and unwind from weekday stress lovelies?



“One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is
the belief that one's work is terribly important.”
~Bertrand Russell~


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. i love your blog!! i love all the pictures!!

    i come from italy... FOLLOW EACH OTHER?!?

    http://dreamsonthestage4.blogspot.com

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. To relax I do exactly what you plan - have me time and turn off all gadgets relating me to the outside world! When asked why no one could get a hold of me I would just answer "oh really? I had my phone with me.... I must of been out of range!" cheeky I know - but it needs to be done!
    Tikkitiboo + Ahka Vintage
    Enter our $200 Giveaway Here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Francesca!
    You look stunning! I love your looks and your positive energy, spiky shoes are my favorite!
    Indeed I will follow!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tikkitiboo,
    I know it but I don't do it. Seems like after and now while still working in big corporations relaxations has become a learning process for me and I feel guilty if I turn it all off. Thank you for your support, hopefully I will make that much needed "me time" on a regular basics. :)
    Fabulous blog you got there hon'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Papi is a cutie!!! Que lindo!

    I love your blog dear :)


    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much!
    He is a cutie but when it comes to eating my heels he is a damn terminator :) I told him he will need to move out if he touches the shoes again, he didn't ;)
    Thank you, you saw me following so you know i am your fan!

    ReplyDelete