Wednesday 16 May 2012

Dreft Fashion Week Zagreb favorites



Lenardo Cano FW 2012/13 - Madrid

Long time no post when I probably should have considering that Dreft Fashion Week Zagreb has been going on in my city last week, but wearing two hats during this event - PR for main event sponsor and naturally a blogger and a fashion lover got the best of me, not sparing one second of my week.

Nevertheless, I managed to complete all my work related task and fly over to the wedding at beautiful Dubrovnik (post shall follow) on Saturday night. Dreft Fashion Week Zagreb has traditionally hosted some young Croatian and well known international designers and with this post I present you my favorites from both camps.

Is obviously specially intrigued with  shapes and volume, his collections are over the top voluminous and female curves and joints exaggerated while still symmetrical and quite theatrical.  I loved the detailing and 3D fabrication effect he has given to the pieces with combining different sowing technics with fabric patterns. Arabian influence is quite visible in this collection but my favorite is the way he made leather shirts fits so naturally and comfortably as if they are made of cotton. Also, I am quite impressed with the way he made woolen pieces so voluminous. Although quite coutureish still very wearable collection!



In my review of Basso & Brooke collection from last years DFWZ you could have seen how much I love digital print & florals. Hermione de Paula didn't fail to impress me with her feminine, female figure faltering and oh so wearable «Marguerute's Menagerie» collection of shoes and clothes. She indeed managed to evoke the dark Lolita she was inspired by when creating this collection. I loved the way she played with floral prints which transformed into animalistic shapes & the way tops and bottoms are naturally fitting together but still gorgeous as separates.



Has narrated a quite emotional story with his collection.Judging by the looks at people's faces in Zagreb many didn't really get it, which I am sorry for.  His collection "Selam 1 and 2" is envisioned as a pathway in between life and death, leading the soul to another world, influence of the Muslim culture is more then noticeable. Safak Tokur used great quality materials and presented his collection in quite an innovative way. I loved the way he doubled up the shoes so each men's shoe looked like it is glued on another one. 


MARTINA SPORIŠ
Is a young Croatian designer whose intention is always to surpise and/or shock her audience. She described her collection as a combination of punk and barok, double-faced, zip & unzip combo. Martina showed her great tailoring skills and although not a great quality materials were used she has showed an amazing potential to create that couture - RTW combo which sells well! Great job Martina!


This line is divided on two lines: main one and the black line, although usually two opposites, in the FW 2012/13 collection these two lines have combined and matched into one whole. Featuring quite a androgynous, monochromatic, wearable & simple collection. I loved the way that cotton and wool/cashmere were forming spiderweb affect making simple tailoring & fabrication more daring & effortlessly sexy.


IGGY POPOVIĆ
Has positively surprised me on and off the runway with his simplicity, politeness and kindness to his show team. His 50's inspired collection is flirty, soft falling, curve hugging, playful and quite commercial.The collection has flirted with shapes of university and prep school uniforms, rockabilly stage and baseball Americana look. I loved the floral fabrication in inner pockets of shorts and gorgeously tailored nude pajama pants.Casual clothes made of luxurious fabrics, lace and silk? Yes please! I'll take it any day! 



Which show was your favorite lovelies? 
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. super mi je bio ovaj fashion week, dosta kolekcija mi se svidjelo :)
    xoxo Sienna
    http://fashion-sienna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slažem se Sienna, bilo je dosta kvalitetnih stranih dizajnera a mnogi su domaci stasali u ozbiljnije dizajnere.

      Delete