Wednesday 4 April 2012

Fashion illustrator quickie: Lora Vran



With this post I am thrilled to introduce a lovely young lady, creative fashion illustrator, fresh jewelry designer and a fashion columnist Mrs. Lora Vran who is also La Passion pour la Fashion's loyal reader. For some time now I am following this talented young lady via social media channels and I have decided to interview her and share her passion for fashion so she can be an example and an inspiration to other young creative people who are currently enrolled or are planning to enroll to fashion school.

Here is my interview with Lora J

Currently you are writing a fashion column on Push It moda magazine fashion portal, you are a fashion illustrator and jewelry designer, which school do you go to and where do you see yourself in the future?
I am enrolled to Fashion institute of Technology in Croatia. I like many segments of fashion industry but I am hoping to make a living as a fashion designer and fashion illustrator.

How long do you design and make jewelry? Is it for sale?
I have started making jewelry couple of months ago out of various fabrics and buttons. I am selling it, I started off with rings but now I have many new ideas I am working on, so soon I will be focusing on other jewelry pieces.


For how long are you working as a fashion columnist on Push It Moda fashion portal/magazine?
I am a columnist for Push It Moda for about a year now, I started last April. I accepted this offer because I find Push it Moda to be different then other similar fashion portals/magazines. They are quite casual in style, there is no yellow press and celebrity front row reports, Push it Moda rather focuses on the designers work and fashion itself. We support young creative designers and present to our readers to estimate their talent.

When did you start to draw fashion illustrations? What inspires you? Do you ever make the clothes from your illustrations?
Prior to fashion college I went to school of art, graphic and fashion design where I fell in love with fashion design and decided it to be my calling, on my second year I learned to draw model figures.

First I obviously learned how to draw anatomic figures and later with practice I have developed my own style. Many things inspire me, even a blank piece of paper. I would love to bring some of my illustrations to life and make some of the pieces I drew.


How do you see Croatian fashion designer scene and developing fashion industry in Croatia?
I admire and value everyone’s work and style. I would like to see Croatian designers to take more risk and design more inspiring collections, but I am sure that is hard to design for Croatian market, and to be an artist and realistic designer at the same time.




Does fashion designer necessarily needs to be a good illustrator and vice versa?  
International fashion illustrators mostly draw pieces already created by fashion designers, not many go into designing themselves. I don't think that fashion illustrator necessarily needs to have potential to be a successful designer but I think that fashion designers should have the ability and talent to at least sketch their idea but this is not always the case. Many fashion designers inspired by fabrics tailor their clothes directly on mannequin.


How do you see Croatian fashion institute to be? Do you think that it’s gradate is equipped to open and successfully maintain his/her own fashion business?  
Like every other college, TTF has many problems, mainly financial problems, so no, we – the students do not get all that we need. I blame it on ministry, we need much more practice then we get, more technology and to be more in touch with current trends in the industry. Coming out of TTF we are all inexperienced and not knowing what we are getting ourselves into.

What do you think about the influence that fashion bloggers today have on fashion industry in Croatia and worldwide?
I regularly read only few international and Croatian fashion blogs, which I find interesting and of a good quality. To be honest I think media are a bit to saturated with the topic of fashion bloggers but yes, they do influence fashion on certain way.


Do you think we have too many fashion events in Croatia in comparison to the size of the population and amount of local fashion talent?
Each of these events have their own approach to fashion designer selection and fashion overall, but I think it would be of a better quality if they would all combine into one event like it is in other countries.

Which fashion illustrator is your role model and who are your favorite Croatian and international fashion designers?
I admire the work of Danny Roberts, Paper Fashion and Laura Laine.  I can't pick just one fashion designer who I love and admire but some of my favorite are: John Galliano, Alexander McQueen, Jean Paul Gaultier, Vivienne Westwood, Stella McCartney, Marc Jacobs, Prada and Proenza Schouler.  Croatian designers who are like are Andreja Bistričić and Aleksandar Žarevac but most Croatian designers work vary from season to season.


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. crazy faces, and crazy fashion!


    http://babylovesfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odlične ilustracije. baš su kul! :)


    xoxo
    Antonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala na komentaru Antonia. Slazem se, pratim Loru vec neko vrijeme, jako lijepo radi, kreativna je i talentirana. Vrlo pozitivna osoba :)

      La Kat

      Delete