Saturday 4 August 2012

Baby on board!


Vogue Russia

I haven't written a "lines of life" post in a while, this is because my life has picked up the pace tremendosly, so rather then spilling it all out in one post I have decided to break it down in a number of fashionably illustrated posts.

Vogue Russia

Today I became an aunt, my sister gave birth to an adorable little baby boy - Lovro, I will be posting Lovro's picture in my weekly review. Thus, this post will be dedicated to new mum's and new born babies fashion.

Please see my selection for fashionable baby boys bellow, here we have: Prepi baby, Hipster baby & Surfer baby looks.


Sometimes I feel like all of the attention when baby is born goes on baby (like it should of course) but what about the "recently whale and now trying to be the best mum and wife as possible" young mums? What about their needs, wants and feelings?

While young momies are trying to get the hang of their new and the most important role in life why not give them some fast suggestions on how to simplify their make up and dressing routine but still stay fabulous (not that I have experience in this, but I did gave it a lot of thought in preparing to be a fresh aunt).

For new mommies I suggest to stick with comfortable but chic transitional pieces: cool natural fabric dresses - one piece outfit which is easy to put on and take of, preferably with few buttons on their cleveage for easier breastfeeding, which hug their chest and go easy on their recovering tummies. My favorite brand for this is HATCH.




Good choice would also be tank-tops, light cashmere cardigans and boyfriend style jeans or joga pants for more casual look - at least for first month or two. In terms of accessories I would definitely wear necklaces to emphasize your cleavage and simple, smaller earings (lets face it - diaper bags do not come in most fabulous shapes and fabrications).

 For their feet, since they will be doing a lot of walking and running around I suggest suade flats, comfortable Toms shoes or Converse sneakers (please avoid Crocs by all means - nobody is that tired and in pain - nobody).

How do you like these looks ladies? Do you have any other new mommy & new baby clothing brands to reco for my sister? :)

Photobucket

2 comments: