Friday 31 August 2012

The sweater.


Jil Sander Picasso sweater - Harper's Bazaar Russia 

Good evening ladies! As all of you passionate fashionistas might have noticed  from browsing the videos, pics and editorials of FW 2012. collection designers worldwide want us to wear more sweaters this fall and winter.

Well, I happen to be quite opinionated when it comes to sweaters, just like my sister happens to be quite opinionated about shirts ever since she managed to dress herself or scream in rebellion, her rules are: no collar, no buttons. With that being said, my two main rules for sweaters are: no itchy no stretchy.

It took me quite a few years to get over the horror and trauma of mums and grandmas organic wool, polar-winter ready homemade snow flake and reindeer sweaters. I didn't just jump in the trend, I tested it slowly, gently and pricey with Ralph Lauren soft cashmere open back cardigan (RIP) - which my mum washed two years ago with regular laundry and shrunk it to barbie size.

 Last year (you were all my witness) got myself a really comfy and warm Bershka cotton mix. as my boyfriend calls is - "Heidi sweater". I wore it a lot actually but after couple of washes it started breaking my rule #2, it started stretching in width and shriking in lenght.

However! I still didn't gave up on wearing sweaters so I have made myself a wishlist of FW 2012. sweaters which might adhere to both of my rules. How do you like them?
Peter Jensen / La Garconne Moderne / Phillip Lim / Rag & Bone / Alexander Wang

Acne (both)

Marcus Lupfer / Phillip Lim

Aubin & Wils / Miss Selfridge

Mary Katrantzou / Sonia by Sonia Rykiel 

Collette by Collette Dinnigan / H&M

If you know of any better please do share links, I am on a hunt for my new sweater collection.

Photobucket

2 comments: