Thursday 13 September 2012

Artist quickie: Carl Bailey.



You are a true artist, you write music, you sing, you graduated with degree in fashion marketing and you worked in the fashion industry...what is your #1 love? Where do you see yourself in the future and what’s your dream job?

My #1 love! Is and will always be music. Music has played a major role in my life. I grew up around it and was one of the first form of arts that I was naturally exposed to.  At one point my dad was a music producer and he also had a wild eclectic record collection, so I guess it rubbed off on me from the very beginning.  As early as I can remember it's the only thing that felt like second nature to me. As far as where I see myself in the near future... Definitely continuing  to  pursue what I love and want to do and making an impact on peoples lives around the world by giving them music that they can truly relate to. That to me would be the greatest success! My dream job has always been to be an artist! I’m currently in the process of putting out new music this fall as well as videos!

The first song you released is titled "Fighting", I think this song resonates with all who tried to live and survive in NYC, what does it mean for you?

"Fighting" means everything to me! It's pretty much like my auto -biography. I wrote in retrospect of everything I've been thorough, everything I've faced, not just throughout this journey over the past few years, but my entire life is in that one song. It touches on so many different subjects that I know everyone can relate to in some way shape or form. I'm glad I wrote it! I needed to!         


 What are your future plans when it comes to music and fashion?

Well for me I think with both avenues (Music and Fashion) I just want to keep growing and evolving as much as possible. I express a great deal of who I am through my music and as well as in the way I dress. I'm always changing. I get board easily... So who knows ?… I don’t!    

We worked together in Rugby RL for more than a year, what are your most memorable moments from the time you worked in Rugby? - share only decent ones ;) 

....HmmmM...probably throwing my temper tantrums! Lol! No, but really I'd have to say Rugby is where I realized it was time for me to chase my calling, my dream! I was exposed to so many different genres of music, cultures and styles. It was a great growing/learning experience. I loved being able to take the time out to work on creative projects, displays, and interacting with different people. I was able to walk away from that situation with so much positive things added to me. So I can’t really pin-point specific moments, but overall, it was a memorable experience.


What are the top 5 MUST HAVE items which you think that every fashionable guy needs to have for the FW season?

IF your Fashionable... For the Fall/Winter season… A bad ass leather jacket is a must! I’m really into poncho’s, I think they can be a sick layering piece there’s so many different ways you can rock them, Sweatshirts with cool detail, Skinny chino’s, and a pair of Chelsea boots!


 Styled By: Heather Sands Photographed By: Daniel Barbosa



 You modeled for one of the shows in the NYFW this week, how did you like this experience and how was the atmosphere in the backstage?

 I still can’t believe I had the chance to be apart of something like that! Especially for Ozwald Boateng! It was completely out of my comfort zone, which was cool because it gave me a chance to tap into something else. 

Carl Bailey for Ozwald Boateng at NYFW SS 2013.

Backstage it was really crazy and chaotic. Lots of press running around snapping pictures, we had to practice our walks, and there was a hair stylist running around spraying hair spray in my hair every 5 minutes! hehe. This was all at the same time for about 3 hours, which made me nervous as shit! By the time it was my turn to hit the runway it felt just natural for me as performing, it gave me the same rush.

Carl Bailey for Ozwald Boateng at NYFW SS 2013.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment