Tuesday 4 September 2012

Happy New You!



Before moving ahead to report on my favorite trends from upcoming New York fashion week I would like to share with you second post about one of my favorite brands, Salsa Fall/Winter 2012. collection.

Model name: PushUp / PushIn / Sculpture / ShapeUp 

I wrote about Salsa in my series of post called my top 10 fashion brand, and Salsa has became one of them for sure due to their amazing fitting jeans. It has been quite a challenge for me to find a perfect pair of jeans that will last a while, won't stretch or fade in color after a certain number of washes and which will not flatted by butt, also, very important factor was the lenght of the jeans (I am 6'2'') and it was extremely hard for me to find a pair of skinny jeans which are long enough (aka in which I do not look like I am having a flood at home) and which are fitting well in waist.

My first Salsa pair of jeans were impulse buy and these were low rise black skinny jeans size 27, they were long enough for me to wear on flats of heels and what won me over was their perfect fit in the butt area. I purchased these for about 90 Euros in City Center One store in Zagreb.

After about 3 months I wanted to get another pair of dark jeans but more boot cut, so I went and got them, my friend Iva's comment after I walked out of the dressing room was " Damnnn, look at your rounded butt! Its like two little bubbles." :)


Now, I am taking the opportunity while I am here in Barcelona to stock up on my Salsas as they have a store with great selection here.I am looking to get a pair of distressed ones and one lighter pair (both skinny).
Since it was awkward for me to share a photo of my butt in jeans, I contacted the brand to get some more decent pictures of their new Fall/Winter collection jeans and they were kind enough to send them to me.

Another thing I have my eye on is this amazing black leather clutch which can go both with casual and evening looks, as well as these fancy belts, the snake one is particularly fierce!


Since the "gold" trend is coming up this Fall, I also got my eye on these golden pants (amazing for the fall parties) and this gold snake belt. Also, since from one of the more recent posts you know how peculiar I am about picking the right sweater, I decided that this beaded shirt and this cotton cossy sweater would be a good picks for me.



Other then great quality jeans and fierce accessories what attracted me to this brand was their positive attitude and slogan: Happy New You! :) It reminds on that special feeling I have when I come back home from shopping and try on all of the new pieces I got in front of the mirror in various different stylings or that feeling when you wear extra confidently those brand new jeans to school, work or first date. 

How do you like Salsa brand and their jeans? Did you had a chance to try them or maybe you own a pair already? Let me know your experiences.





No comments:

Post a Comment