Saturday 22 October 2011

Smile, sparkle and shine!




„Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish.“
John Jakes



Most of you who have seen the  Fall/Winter, 2011. fashion shows and recent magazine editorials have probably noticed all of the shinny sequins, sparkles and glitter pieces styled to be worn from day to night, mixed and matched with velvet, cotton, leather and suede on absolutely everything from make up to dresses, shoes and accessories.

Jessica Stam for Vogue Turkey by Patrick Demarchelier




Not until recently have I started to mix my metals (gold and silver) on rare occasions when I considered it appropriate, until I have seen the latest editorials and various sparkly shoe designs which have inspired me to try to mix in some stand out sparkly pieces in my day wear.

Last year in Milan I found an amazing tailored cotton black (office appropriate) short sleeve knee length tailored dress with sequins embellishment on the emphasized shoulder pads which I have worn a fair number of times; while this year I am thinking about mixing sparkling metals into more casual wear, like the set bellow featuring Balmain mini, cool TOP SHOP boots and simple gray T-shirt by Wang.




As it’s the case with most of you my fabulous shoesoholic followers, I suspect I will spend most of my disposable income on adding some fabulous sparkly shoes to my winter closet as well– my favorites are silver glittery oxford flats (pair of which I already have in silver eco-leather) and these fabulous Miu Miu suede pink meets with silver glitter gorgeousnesses J







Do you dare to shine this winter lovelies? What will be your sparkly investment?

„As we let our light shine,
we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence actually liberates others.“
Marianne Williamson



Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. svaki put se oduševim kad posjetim tvoj blog...divne fotke stavljaš <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hvala ti dragana lijepom komentaru :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. trenutno obozavaaam sve sljokicavo :) divne slike!

    http://fashionbymental.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hvala na komentaru Anja! Ufff i ja se bome sjajim a jos nije vrijeme blagdanskog kicenja... ;)

    ReplyDelete