Sunday 6 November 2011

Baby, we’re going to New York!




“One belongs to New York instantly; 
one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years.”
Thomas Wolf


…he typed last night via WhatsApp messenger (I know this sounds totally less romantic then if he had wrote it in a  letter or called or something, but hey its 21stcentury). Instantly I smiled, jumped up of the chair and whispered: “We are going home!”  I surprised myself as well actually, as I moved back and have been living in Zagreb for almost three years now and I have been visiting back to New York occasionally but this one little message came as a breath of fresh air and I inhaled it like I was closed in a small windowless room for a long time now and could finally breath.


There are a couple of things I was happy about after receiving this message.
First, he thought of it first, after more than half a year of being together he came to an idea for a next summer vacation for us, this is quite meaningful for me as we didn’t have too much time to have a proper vacation other than that one amazing weekend at The Island of dreams. It shows he cares and listens to me; it shows he knows where I want to go and what is important for me. It shows we are sharing similar interests, it shows he has heard what I was saying in a last couple of weeks and although he is not a “planning in advance type of guy” he made an effort to show me he is in it for the long run.


“I can't wait to get back to New York City where at least when I walk down the street, no one ever hesitates to tell me exactly what they think of me.”
Ani Difranco


Ever since last night, I am excited as a kid on Christmas Eve and I can’t stop thinking about it. The plan for this summer City trip with my boyfriend will definitely keep me warm through this whole winter. I was actually planning to make a trip there in February on my own to visit some friends and to go to fashion week, but going there with him is about gazillion time better! I am really grateful for having such a great man in my life and I can’t wait for June!






Photo source: Luana Teifke by Karine Basilio for One Magazine May 2011. 
Featuring Spring collections by Miu Miu, Jil Sander, Diane von Furstenberg and others.

“A car is useless in New York, 
essential everywhere else. The same is with good manners.”
Mignon McLaughlin

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Super blog. Mene bash zanima kako sve stignes :) Voljela bih tekstic o tvome radnom danu, time management-u. Divim ti se :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. sjajno! uzivaj u NY
    ja sve smisljam kako da se vratim tamo na duze :))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ninna - ne spavam ;) Odgojio me New York :)
    Jelena - hvala ti, ima on dobrih i losih strana, bila sam na kratko,dugo i najduze, godinama. Super je ako ces puno spavati, malo jesti i puno raditi. Nije super za obiteljski zivot, zdravlje ljubavne veze i ako volis imat vikende za sebe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A trip to New York sounds absolutely amazing <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous :D
    No zaslužuješ malo odmora i micanje od ovog Zagreba !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. obsessed with your header. super happy I found your blog. totally following. If you get second, I'd love if you'd check out mine. It's all about the adventures of a east coast girl turned LA stylist. thanks, love. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi darling! LA is a very dynamic fashion place to be :) I am sure I will find many interesting details through your posts :)
    Thank you for following!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ny. <3

    p.s. I'm having a giveaway for a crystal cuff if you'd like to check it out. :)
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete