Saturday 26 November 2011

DFWZ: Ada the fierce & amazing Capara sisters!


Last two evenings of Dreft Fashion Week Zagreb I have decided to review in retrospect as due to my active involvement in organization as a representative of main sponsor I didn’t have time to do additional research and write a solid, detailed show review as these talented young Croatian and international designers deserve to get.

Consciously, I choose not to comment the event organization itself as it obviously wouldn’t be fully objective, but what I can guarantee it that the whole organizing team worked hard for months to make sure that the whole crew and most importantly event visitors feel welcome, comfortable and to have a good quality representation of domestic and foreign designer’s collections for upcoming fashion season.

So, I shall start from Saturday, the last night of the DFWZ shows where my favorite shows were with no doubt Capara sisters and Ada Zanditon for womenswear and Toni Rico as for menswear collection.


I will write a separate post on Toni’s and other men’s collections as menswear is truly quite neglected in Croatia despite the obvious talent we have in this department.

ADA ZANDITON
Ada has done a presentation of this collection in London and she presented the same movie here in Zagreb which helped us to get in the mood for the show.

Styling was different in Zagreb vs. London, here she again partnered with well known hairstylist and wig-master Christian Landon, whose pink afro looking wigs were attached on top of slick hair, pulled back and colored in white to match pale white colored model faces. The hair and the makeup were quite androgynous and futuristic looking, making models look like mythical creatures which perfectly matched the name, designs and the theme of the collection.

Ada stayed true to her environmental friendly making, immaculate tailoring and gorgeous prints, you can see more on her work in my previous post.

I have selected the three style groups: first set is quite wearable; I would say “business chic”, flirty black crochet pieces and gorgeous floppy zipper jacket.

Second look is more floaty and dreamy with my favorite being the mini dress with gorgeous pink diagonally layered waves. I think it would be interesting to see this dress in nude with pink as well.

Lastly, as you know I adore maxi skirts and dresses as I am quite tall and love the way these fit me. I fell in love with this white open back dress with a nice tail and tuxedo jacket cleavage, while this gorgeous print maxi skirt can be worn dressy or casual, it looks quite comfortable and wrinkle free so it seems like one could pull multiple wears out of this one.

CAPARA SISTERS

Capara sisters work I didn’t know as good as I did Ada's work, which I follow for a while now, my previous research about these two ladies work you can see here.

My overall impression and expectation was that I will see a quite strict, focused and precise collection but I was absolutely mesmerized by the quality of the fabrics, amazing tailoring, focused and well developed and carefully thought threw collection I have seen from Capara sisters yesterday. Very elegant presentation, simple and natural make up with hair slicked back and the only stand out being chunky 80's inpired chain necklaces dressed over slicked hair.
All photos: (c) 2010 Borna Čavrag Photography

Capara sisters talent is vast, SS 2012. collection is very sellable and obvisouly wearable, it can surely cover various target groups from business professional, to young and elegant, any shapes or sizes will find it flattering and I cannot imagine why some of the big fashion retail brands haven’t contacted them yet for cooperation on limited edition collections.

I have again selected some for me most memorable looks, lovely laser cut prints were inspired by French couturier Madame Gres, layered silk and gentle wavy shapes were contrasted with geometrical prints and sharp cut tailoring and graphic print. 


Previously I have written about my love for mint and mustered colors, so this was also my thinking behind the grouping of photos shown above. I grouped them by trend and style. For me, this collection stands for smart, rich and elegant dressing. Bravo ladies!

How did you enjoy this seasons Dreft Fashion Week lovelies?


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. ada i capara su mi savršene bile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jel da? Uz Basso&Brooke i Bad Spirit meni najdraže revije moram priznati.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful collection and great images.

    Come visit my blog and if you like we can follow each other. Hope to hear from you soon.


    <3 Marina
    Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

    ReplyDelete