Tuesday 8 November 2011

Designer quickie: Desire Crnkovic





Desire Crnkovic is a young jewelry designer behind Fensice brand. Desire is very positive, bright, charming and creative young lady, a Zagreb native. She is an endless romantic, cheerful and very girly. :)

 She is quite artistic with educational background in music and completed univesity horticultural degree. 

I am very excited to present you with this interview as there are not so many young people in Croatia who know what they want, are not afraid to go after it and have a comprehensive business plan on how to grow their business and build a brand. No matter if you are the type to wear Fensice jewelry or not, Desire will win you over with her endless positive energy, big smile and a can do attitude.

Who is Fensica? How old is she and how did she came about?

Fensica is a small sheep wearing different outfits,her outfits are modern and fancy. J Fancy is also how I decided to name her, but spelled as it is pronounced in Croatian language.

I made my first Fensica 8 years ago. My friends loved it so in January 2010 I started a real production, this is when the brand Fensice was born.

Shortly after I have opened a Facebook fan page which now has over 16,000 members, I have also launched some new lines, now there are three of them: FENSICE, SWERLY FENSICE and iFENSICE (which will be launched mid August 2012).


How do you design new outfits for Fensice? Do you draw them or you go straight to making them? Do you have help or are you making each Fensica on your own?

I don't draw the outfit designs but rather go straight to production.
My inspiration comes through watching Fashion TV, visiting various Fashion Weeks and reading Vogue and Elle magazines, I don't necessarily go by current trends but always combine elements from several seasons, which I mix and match and usually love what I get as the end result.

All of my Fensice sheep are made by me out of mostly polymer mass combined with leather, Swarovski beads and crystals. As you can see from my outfit designs, my signature colors are powder pink and lavender.

 Recently I have launched a new Pearl collection for which I used chains of real shinny, high quality rounded pearls closed with the original Swarovski silver clip, while Fensica’s outfit is covered with Swarovski crystals. This Pearl collection is made out of more precious and traditional jewelry materials and of course this makes Fensice more valuable, timeless and elegant.

Each Fensica sheep is special, unique, has its name and serial number and every detail of it is handmade. I put a lot of effort, care, love and attention into making them.

Where can one buy Fensice jewelry and what are the average prices?

One can purchase Fensica's directly from me via my website www.fensice.comand via email, Fensice are also available in selected stores and cities in Croatia (Zagreb, Split, Omiš and also in some international boutiques). 

The prices differ from one collection to another.
Currently there are 18 Fensica collections, differentiated based on the outfit type, style and the quantity of precious materials used as well as the invested production time in each piece.

Price range is from 248 HRK for Teen collection Fensica, made for younger fans up to 2,000 HRK for more comprehensive designs and more expensive materials used. The most expensive ones are those covered in Swarovski crystals with pearl chain. The most popular Fensica collection is Diamond Collection with Swarovski crystals.

The price range for rings is starting from 128 HRK up to 168 HRK. I also make bracelets as part of the Swerly Collection with prices ranging from 328 HRK partially made out of plima mass, Swarovski crystals and mini Fensica closing up to 388 HRK for those which are covered completely with Swarovski crystals or pearls with mini Fensica closing as a trademark.

Who is your average customer?

There is no average type I can define. My first customers were my friends and family while now girls, ladies and women of all ages all over the world love and wear Fensice. They are made for all who want to keep their inner child alive. Many fans are also collecting them.

Helena Šopar i Kristina Salinović are two worldwide known Croatian models who are also wearing Fensice and have inspired me for two new collections. Helena chose 2 Fensice sheep, one is from Princess and one is from Sport collections while Kristina has chosen one which was inspired by her – Punk Rock Fensica. Many other regional and Croatian celebrities are also proud owners of Fensica sheep.


What are the future plans for Fensice? Do you plan to do any new line extensions?

I am currently preparing Jeansice(jeans with the character of Fensice sheep), Fleksice (shirts and dresses with Fensice sheep character) as well as sweat pants, shirts and shoes branded with Fensica sheep. I have also launched the FENSILAND umbrella brand name which covers the entire product lines portfolio.

Soon I will also be launching collections made out of real see pearls, semi-precious stones like rose quartz, amethyst, turquoise, volcanic rocks, lapis lazuli etc.

My favorite - Punk Rock Fensica

Did you protect your brand character with copyrights? Do you and if so how often see Fensica copies? How does it affect your business?

Fensice brand is registered at © Copyright at USA Copyright Office which protects them globally. They are protected as industrial design piece and the brand name Fensice is protected as Registered Trademark (R). My boyfriend Sergej is managing the legal side of the business and copyright protection.

The problem with fake copies is both financial loss as well as brand's image damage as they are of very poor quality but most of those we knew about were caught, reported to authorities and penalized and consequently their fake production was terminated.

How do you plan and invest into PR and marketing for your jewelry brand?

Our investing in advertising and marketing is carefully planned; we are trying to do it in most efficient way possible. This is a carefully developing business with bright future. 

Currently, I am enjoying the ride; I love to see smiles on my client’s faces, meeting new friends and developing my brand’s growth strategy together with my boyfriend.

All photos: Fensice archive

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hola guapa, tienes un precioso espacio, si te gusta la poesía te invito a mi nuevo espacio Brisa poética.
    un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias por tu comentario y felicitaciones!

    ReplyDelete